Corn Curry – a delicious curry dish I grew up eating, often served during the monsoon season.
- 4 Cobs of Corn
- ½ cup Cilantro (not packed)
- ½ cup fresh Coconut (not packed)
- 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds
- 1 Green Chili
- 1tbsp. Coriander seeds (optional)
- 4 Garlic Pods
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 10 to 12 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (any good store brand would work)
- 2 Cups Corn Stock
- ½ Lemon Juice – to taste
- Salt to taste
- Take a 5-quart pot and add 3 litres of Water.
- Clean Corn, cut into 3” pieces, add to boiling water and boil for a 5 minutes – keep aside
- Drain the Corn and save 2 cups of the Corn stock
- Grind Masala: Cilantro, Coconut pieces, Chili, Garlic, Cumin and Coriander (optional) – keep aside
- Heat Oil
- To this add Mustard seeds and Curry Leaves, when Mustard seeds start to pop add grinded masala
- Cook this for about 5 minutes and add the boiled Corn give it another couple of minutes and add the Corn stock
- Let this cook till corn is nearly done and add the Coconut milk.
- Add salt to taste
- Finish the dish with juice of Lemon
Serve with fluffy Rice.