Cabbage Slaw Recipe
This wonderful recipe makes an interesting substitute for the good old traditional coleslaw. Try it!
- 1 Medium Sized Cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Oil 10 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 Dried Red Chilies (you can adjust this according to how spicy you want it)
- 1/4 tsp Yellow Split Peas
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- Salt to Taste
- Take a wok type of pan
- Add oil.
- Add Mustard seeds once the oil is hot
- When Mustard seeds sputter in oil, add the whole red Chilies and let them brown slightly
- Add Curry leaves
- Add Turmeric
- Add Asafoetida.
- Add Cabbage and Salt.
- Cook Cabbage till done – I prefer it crunchy
Serving Suggestions – Can be serve hot or cold. Great with broiled chicken breast or a piece of grilled fish or a spicy and interesting side for steak. Can also be served with a lentil stew and some pita bread. This Cabbage will spice up any meal.